I wanted to do a small Oscars review since I do watch a lot of movies. Unfortunately there were a lot of movies in this years nominees that I just didn’t get a chance to watch, so I didn’t evenbother making predictions this year.
Although the award show itself was boring as hell here are my best and worst moments:
1. John Legend and Common’s performance of Glory along with their acceptance speech for Best Song. – Honestly it just touched my heart.
2. Patricia Arquette winning for best supporting Actress. – I really didn’t care that she won, but her speech about women equality and wage quality won me over. I’ll definitely have to watch Boyhood.
3. Julianne Moore winning Best Actress. – I knew she would win and I was only basing this off of her performance in Still Alice. It was a beautiful movie and her acting was amazing.
4. Lady Gaga’s stunning tribute performance to The Sound of Music. – It was epic. I’m glad she finally showed the world what she is actually capable of.
1. Neil Patrick Harris hosting. – I was never a big fan of him, but this was just overall embarrassing. Especially when you think your prediction box is so precious and you don’t even let us know your predictions… Unless I missed that then I must’ve fell asleep.
2. John Travolta being creepy – Creepy with Idina and creepy overall. He scares me.
3. Leaving out Joan Rivers in the Memoriam. – That’s just fucking rude.
Overall probably one of the most boring Oscars events ever. Until next year.