50 Shades of Grey
Super disappointed in this movie.I felt like they were just ripping pages out of the book and if you didn’t read the book then the movie wasn’t making sense. Ugh that run-on sentence was so necessary. Anyways, I’ll get into the nitty gritty in a moment, but the one thing that bothered me the most? The lack of chemistry these two had. I felt like it was so awkward at times. Also I’m still pissed that Charlie Hunnam wasn’t cast as Christian, but then I watched the movie and THANK GOD. It would of been a horrible career move for him. Also there are rumors that Jamie Dornan doesn’t want to continue with the other 2 movies. Listen buddy, you can’t just BE Christian Grey for the opening movie. This will be your alter ego for live. This ain’t no Super hero shit where they replace Spiderman every 2nd movie.
So if you haven’t read the book OH PLEASE just read it! It’s way better than this pile of poop. There was way too much information missing from this movie. I was actually confused during it. I was thinking to ask my boyfriend do you understand what’s going on? But half the time he just kept asking me questions about it. So in the end I kinda had to make sense out of it. (We watched it in the comfort of our home. don’t worry we aren’t THOSE types of movie goers.”
So here are some things that just pissed me off, or didn’t make any sense.
- Why the hell were they taking the Helicopter in the first place. They made it seem like she just showed up and was surprised.
- In the book he let’s her know well in advance
- Why did they ditch the whole car ride scene?
- Come on, she put on his iPod and he had TOXIC by Britney Spears. That’s something that should never be kept out of a script
- The movie literally removed her inner goddess in her head and it was the best parts of the book. Example “My Inner goddess is doing the meringue with some salsa movies,” or “My Inner goddess is doing back flips in a routine worthy of a Russian Olympic Gymnast.” I can understand these are kind of difficult to portray in a movie, but what a shame it was completely removed. I would of been happy with voice over thoughts.
- The whole gliding scene. SO RANDOM. In the book he wakes her up early in the morning from her slumber and she is completely exhausted and he’s excited like a kid in a candy store about taking her Gliding. I don’t recall seeing Christina’s playful side in the movie at all.
There’s a ton more, but I can’t be bothered.
I did enjoy how they threw in the emails although they missed A LOT of emails. Like a LOT. Ugh.
From a Chick’s Perspective 3/5. Just read the book. Then watch the movie and tell me if it makes sense. I think I need to re-watch it. I watched it at like 1am and I was exhausted. I’ll let you know if it any of it changes my mind once I do the re-watch.
Christian Grey: What about you? I’d like to know more about you.
Anastasia Steele: There’s really not much to know about me. Look at me.
Christian Grey: I am.
This part made me so happy. Until I realized that he just thought she would be a good submissive and not just a pretty girl. PSSH.