There are so many reasons why bumping into an Ex can be nerve wrecking or awkward. Trust me I’ve had it happen enough times to now know what to do in these situations and NO don’t go run and hide or skip the train so you don’t have to deal with it. JUST DEAL WITH IT. I honestly think it’s a good experience and you know when you re-act how certain you are in your life without them.
Why bumping into an Ex is a GOOD thing:
1. You know they’re doing well and they know you’re doing well WITHOUT THEM. It’s good to be able to tell them you’re doing great and vice versa.
2. Small talk can suck but it depends on the situation. Talk about work,family, what’s new and honestly if you don’t want to keep the conversation going then just say goodbye and GO! There’s no need for number swapping or “let’s meet for lunch” bullshit cause it’s never gonna happen. It’s normal for it to be awkward.
3. Bumping into an ex makes you realize that YES you should brush your hair and dress nice today. You always want to look your best because you have no idea who you’re going to run into).
4. It’s all about the feeling you get when you see them or they see you and come up to you.
4a: If there’s that butterfly pit in your stomach then RUN GIRL RUN. He is your EX for a reason. RUN. You may still feel something, but it’s not worth it.
4b: If you feel NOTHING and I mean NOTHING. Then you’re good. That means you are in complete control of your feelings and sure you are happy to see them (or not depending..) and you know it wasn’t meant to be.
5. The world is small. Don’t leave relationships with a negative attitude, unless the asshole cheated, then if you bump into him tell him to go F himself (been there, done that). It’s nice to bump into an EX and you guys can still have a nice adult conversation and say goodbye like you probably won’t see eachother again and that’s FINE. But if you do at least you had another good ending.
I know we all have those EX’s that we just don’t want to deal with and that’s fine. Just pretend you don’t see them and carry on. It’s the best way.
I’ve been lucky a lot of my Ex’s are good guys and things just didn’t work out. No, we aren’t friends or keep in touch, but I do wish them well.
There’s a couple I would like to stab and there’s a couple that I just can’t run into.
From a Chick’s Perspective Find a real love like I did, and no EX will ever put you in an awkward situation or make you question anything. Be happy, be healthy and find true love.